Fashion Revolution: Who made my clothes/ I made my clothes

I hadn't heard about fashion revolution until April when I was asked to take part in fashion revolution week.
In a nutshell, it's about transparency within the fashion industry and asking companies and brands "Who made my clothes?".
 The reality of it is that very few brands really know who is making their clothes and the real people behind the manufacture process. Fashion revolution wants to change this and are encouraging everyone to turn their clothes inside out to show the garments label, take a photograph and then uploading it to Instagram and other social media sites, tagging the brand and asking them "who made my clothes?".

Asking H&M #whomademyclothes? for fashion revolution week


Marks and Spencer recently became transparent and amother company called Honest By also show where there clothes are made and breaks down the entire cost of each item - this company really is worth checking out- talk about eye opening!
But wait....
              ...... it isn't just about asking "who made my clothes?". It's also a chance for us who sew to say " I made my clothes" and for those who sew for others and their own bushiness to exclaim "I made your clothes"!!

Wearing my Me-made clothes stating #imademyclothes

The two images up above are what I posted on Instagram, The first was me showing my H&M top turn inside out and holding a sign asking "who made my clothes"? (this can be downloaded from the website- you have to keep scrolling down to find the link.) The other is myself wearing my me-made clothes proclaiming "I made my clothes". Don't forget you can tag this whenever your posting your own creations to Instagram/twitter/Facebook too.


Note worthy info:

-For more information check out the website: fashionrevoulution.org 
-Fashion revolution Instagram page:-   @fash_rev or search  #whomademyclothes
-The next fashion revultion week/date is:- 24th April 2017 (a long way off but don't let this stop you #whomademyclothes is still going strong )
-For fashion industry transparency and a complete breakdown of costs see Honest By
- and check out the M&S Interactive map of factory locations, how many workers and the male/female ratio.

Go on start a revolution!!

Comments

Post a Comment